Need small quad cart for 6lb Pomeranian

Used dog wheelchairs looking for new owners and pets in need.

Moderator: k9carts

cathleenthenurse

Need small quad cart for 6lb Pomeranian

Post by cathleenthenurse » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:56 am

My lil girl's front legs are so arthritic she can barely use them. Both her back legs have luxating patella so they pretty much stay out of joint. She's only turning 8 yrs old now, and losing mobility fast. She still goes out and does her business on her own, but I don't know how long that will last. She's the happiest little doggie and loves to play. I'm worried about buying a $450 quad cart - what if she won't like it, or can't gain some mobility assistance from it? Hoping to buy a used one for less. I'm considering renting one, but the pix of one on this site look superior. Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

k9carts

Re: Need small quad cart for 6lb Pomeranian

Post by k9carts » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:03 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry to hear about your pom's loss of mobility. It is very tough to find a used four-wheel cart for a pet that will fit. Ideally, we would like to see you fix her patella problem so that she would not need a cart. Do you have X-rays of your pet that you could forward to us? It is somewhat unusual for a dog to have debilitating arthritis in the front limbs that require a four-wheeler.

A video of your pom would be useful as well. I know it seems like a lot of money for a four-wheel cart, but we strive to make sure first that your dog really should get a cart. Should that be the case, then it is something that will help her be happy for a number of years. Each four-wheel cart is custom-made specifically for you pet and when it comes to four-wheelers that it so important. Also, for a small dog, having a lightweight cart is key too.

Please feel free to contact us by email at k9carts[at]yahoo.com or via phone.
K-9 Cart Company East
206 E. Pier St.
Oxford, MD 21654
866-K9-CARTS/866-592-2787
410-226-5006 (v)
410-226-0168 (f)
k9carts[@]yahoo.com